Sure, I’m self-deprecating, at times insecure, and more often than not I describe the situations I get myself into as “disasters,” but I am happy! Buy me one of those cheesy t-shirts because life is good.
I have friends. Near and far, if I ever need to chat, I know there is always someone I can talk to. I live in a sunny climate; this LA weather–there’s nothing like it! No longer do I need to wear layer upon layer when I leave my house, which is awesome because as you may have read, I lose things a lot. So when you are forced to wear gloves, hats and scarves, you tend to lose gloves, hats and scarves. My parents are awesome–they’ve given me their word that I won’t end up hungry and on the streets, which working as a Hollywood assistant, is always a possibility. I can wear whatever I want to work, not like my corporate days in New York; I thought HR was calling me in to give me a promotion, but they were actually warning me to stop wearing leggings to the office.
I love to make lists and as a writer, lists are all the rage! So, I’ve got that going for me. And, here’s a list of some more reasons why I am happy:
– Wet Hot American Summer. The TV Show. It’s happening on Netflix. July 27th.
– I don’t have acne. So, that’s cool.
– “Uptown Funk” by Bruno Mars. Still like it. Still makes me happy.
– I’ve stolen so many free water bottles from work, I don’t need to buy any of my own.
– Boyfriend jeans. They are there for me when I need a little extra wiggle room.
|Full disclosure – this isn’t me.|
– Possibility. Who’s the guy? What’s next for my career? It’s still all a mystery. And that’s exciting.
– I have two legs, two arms and two boobs that have significantly grown in the past few years.
– I’m not gluten free. I can pretend like everyone else when I want to drop some lbs, but push comes to shove, I can eat a cupcake without gastrointestinal issues.